Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cow Appreciation Day

Where were you July 11th? If you were not dressed like a heffer at Chick-fil-a, just you just missed out my friend. July 11th was Cow Appreciation Day!! What does that mean? Well you come in to any CFA dressed like a good ole' bovine, and you get a free meal. Sounds good to me! So some friends of mine, (listed in order of their height, tall to short): Seth(by far), Steve (his white man's fro helps to give him another 1 1/2 in. ontop of his lanky self), Myself, Ben(really we are at a good equal stance), and Jordan decided to do this whole Cow Appreciation Day thing.

We rolled over to Target and spent about $6.78 on different materials, stood outside of Target and geared up. (I will try to get a picture up sometime in the future.) We went over to Chick-fil-a just in time, and they loved us! We got the largest combos they had, packed up and headed downtown.

We arrived at Graham and Trade at about 10:00 p.m., parked, grabed our #4 Chargrilled Club meals, Bibles, tracts, giftcards, and headed out to minister to the homeless.

As soon as we got out of the car, a man walks up. "Ya'll help a brotha' out wit some food?" We were like yeh!! So Jordan and Ben gave him the food, and began sharing the Gospel. The rest of us began venturing into uptown.

Honestley it was hard to tell if a dude was homeless or not. You can try to imagine how I felt when I went up to dude said, "You hungry? When was the last time you ate?" And he replied, "Dude, like 30 minutes ago." In my head I am just thinking, dude you gotta like take a bath cuz I swore you were homeless. But anyway, we passed out all five meals, some tracts, all the Bibles we had, some gift cards, some money, and got to tell the greatest news they could ever dream of. The glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ, which saves.

I encourage you, love the poor. Love the lost. Tell them the truth about Christ. And have fun doin it!!

Note to the reader: I did not write this post because I am myself, currently a CFA employee.

2 comments:

seth said...

True dat my boy.

patrick mitchell said...

word up man! NICE initiative & creativity to get some free meals & take them to the poor right here in our city. you were FEEDING JESUS that night bro! (see Matthew 25). i'm lovin' it man. whether you shared the gospel with words or not, you were sharing some love with them and bringing a little bit of Jesus' kingdom to this great city. i'm feelin' it man, keep that stuff up.